Chief Commercial Officer
WHO WE ARE:
Soligenix is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products to treat rare diseases where there is an unmet medical need. Soligenix has specialized expertise in the development of orphan and unmet medical need indications – including the regulatory nuances and clinical execution associated with small and difficult to treat disease indications. Soligenix directly conducts all of its Phase 2 and 3 clinical studies, being in direct personal contact with the study sites and principal investigators, ensuring the highest data quality while streamlining timelines and budgets. In order to accomplish this, Soligenix has an extremely dedicated, cross-functional team seasoned in the development of rare diseases.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the greatest potential of each of our colleagues.
The Chief Commercial Officer is responsible for overseeing the successful direction, planning, and execution of all aspects of Soligenix’s commercial policies, objectives, and initiatives. This includes the development of life cycle marketing strategies, pre-launch development, commercialization, launch and maximization of approved products, recruitment, deployment and development of employees and ultimately the commercial success of the business globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing and developing the global, life cycle commercial / product strategic plan; securing corporate agreement and overseeing the execution of that plan in the short and long term;
- As a member of the executive management team; to participate in, develop and execute corporate objectives and strategy. Acting as delegate as requested by CEO;
- Participates in capital market development, including participating in road shows, bank meetings, analyst meetings and others as requested;
- Directs the planning and execution of a fully integrated global commercial business plan. This includes, but is not limited to, global marketing, life cycle, market planning and market research as well as sales groups;
- Ensures that Soligenix continually identifies changes in the marketing environment or competitive strategies and evaluates, adjusts, or redrafts the organization’s marketing plan and philosophy accordingly;
- Works with the management team and their direct reports; to ensure the commercial attractiveness of clinical, regulatory, sales, and business development strategies;
- Oversees the strategy and execution of Soligenix’s pre-launch and launch activities to support corporate objectives in all markets;
- Participates in the development of policy and practice for the Corporation;
- Keeps the Board, CEO, CFO and Management team apprised of developments that may have an impact on global functional activities;
- Such other duties as may be requested by the CEO or appropriate management from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategies with proven ability to build and lead all facets of a Commercial function.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MBA is desired;
- Proven success with building and leading commercial operations;
- Proven success with launching new products to market;
- Experience with innovative go-to market models;
- Evidence of leading an organization through rapid growth;
- Public company experience is preferred;
- An intelligent, creative and articulate team player who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills;
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with the drive and determination to improve quality at every level and the business acumen to manage complex issues and environments.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in oncology and dermatology, as well as with combination products preferred;
- 15+ years of progressive Commercial experience in the pharmaceutical industry in both large and small organizations, hospital-based experience required;
- A successful track record of at least 10+ years in a globally oriented organization, in the pharmaceutical industry, with experience of the US/EU markets, market access and reimbursement pathways.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS of POSITION:
- Works out of Princeton, NJ office;
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to all levels of the organization;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Attention to detail in analyses, deliverables and communications;
- Strong presentation and communication skills; must be able to provide succinct, strategic, and actionable insights to senior executives;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Hands-on with ability to juggle multiple projects;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast moving, highly entrepreneurial environment.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, references, and current location via e-mail. Soligenix, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Soligenix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please. No recruiters.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com