Website Soligenix, Inc
Unique opportunity reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will play a critical role in strategic decision making and operations as the company continues to develop its pipeline and move towards product commercialization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participatory manager who, along with the CFO, will lead the Finance and Accounting Teams, and will have a successful track record in setting priorities; as well as excellent analytic, organization, and communication skills. As the Controller, you will be responsible for supervising the accounting department, which will include establishing and maintaining organizational structure and staffing as well as training and mentoring of accounting staff, as needed. In addition, the Controller is responsible for the preparation and reporting of consolidated financial results, the timely and accurate completion of all internal and external financial reporting and the establishment of timelines and accountability for all accounting activities. The individual will interface with the external auditors and prepare quarterly financial statements and annual audited financial statements required for the filing of periodic SEC documents and Registration Statements as they arise. The candidate will have a working knowledge of current SEC filings, GAAP, FASB and SOX/COSO standards/compliance. The individual will participate in the periodic budgeting and planning process through the preparation of consolidated balance sheet, income statement, cash flow forecasts, and departmental and program activity to be reviewed by management and approved by the Board. Specific functions within the Controller’s scope of direct or indirect responsibility include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Custodian of the Company’s finance and accounting records including related contracts, agreements, leases, insurance policies and other documents to support both internal and external financial reporting and accountability.
- Primary interface with external auditors and responsible for preparing all required financial reports and supporting schedules required for quarterly reviews and annual audit(s). Responsible for the timely filing of all required SEC filings, including XBRL and registration statements as needed.
- Provide for the accurate and timely preparation and dissemination of comprehensive comparative (versus budget) internal monthly financial management reports including, balance sheet, statement of operations, cash flow, equity/cap table and departmental/program operating reports.
- Continuously monitor, maintain and update as necessary systems and internal controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports. Will conduct financial analysis on various business operations issues such as benefits, compensation, IT, etc.
- Support the development and preparation of business operating plan and budget.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Develop, implement and guide the cash flow process across the business including daily cash monitoring and capital expenditure plans. Support in identifying/analyzing various funding opportunities to support growth initiatives.
- Assist in the creation, structuring and implementation of transactions with specific focus on accounting issues. Interpret results and make recommendations.
- Treasury and Accounts Payable maintenance and supervision.
- Sarbanes Oxley/COSO Internal Control Compliance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendors and business partners related to accounting and financial services.
- Supervise direct reports in the preparation of A/P, payment runs and financial reporting schedule preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Periodic Regulatory Government Filings
- Taxes (Income, Franchise, GST/VAT)
- Purchasing administration
- Stock Option / Warrant Administration and Cap Table review
- Board and its Committees support, as necessary
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- Certified Public Accountant (active license)
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Finance
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 7 or more years of progressive financial and management experience required, including:
- Experience in internal/external financial reporting and analysis
- Experience with reporting requirements and software packages
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB and SOX/COSO requirements
- Experience in all required SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K)
- Exposure to implementing process and system(s) improvements
- Life Sciences experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines.
- Knowledge of automated financial/accounting systems, experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting system a plus.
- Ability to operate independently and at a high level of productivity.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to interact with non-financial staff members.
- Strong goal and results orientation
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Open and honest communication required.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, references, and current location via e-mail. Soligenix, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Soligenix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please. No recruiters.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com